Check in with tickets
In order to be able to check in with tickets, you must have previously sent a ticket with QR code to your participants (see article 'Create Emails').
Yve does not need a hardware scanner, you can scan the tickets with your smartphone or tablet. For the check in you need a QR Code Scanner app on your smartphone (iphone, android, ...) or tablet (ipad, android, ...), which recognizes a URL and can open it automatically in the QR Code Scanner app. We recommend e.g. the free app 'QR Scanner' from Kaspersky Lab. They also need an existing Internet connection. Caution: at large events, your local cell phone distribution cell may become overloaded when all participants start using their mobile phone.
Preparation for the check in
The following steps are necessary for you to start with the inlet:
- Set the registration status to the 'Check In' under 'Event Details - Registration'. Registration is now closed
- Then click on 'check in' to go to the check in page.
- There you will find an administration QR code, which you can read in and then log on with your user data.
- This turns the smartphone on for chack in for 4 hours, and you get the Check In Screen when reading the Ticket QR Codes. Caution: you are not allowed to close the browser, otherwise your admin code will be deleted.
If you read the ticket QR code without being logged on as an administrator, the event website for the participant opens. This can also be done by the participant and facilitates access to the event website. Only when you activate your smartphone to the check in, the dialog to check in is displayed when you scan the ticket.
To check in the participant, you scan his ticket. They then see his status (announced, canceled, open) and see his name. If the participant has announced, they will see a '+' next to his name. Press the '+' and the participant is checked in, which they can see in the upper left of the black number and the 'Ok' next to his name. You can also check it out by clicking on the 'x' next to its name.
If you tick the checkbox for 'Instant Checkin at TicketScan' under 'Event Details - Registration', a participant and his / her companion will be checked in immediately when you scan his ticket and he / she has announced.
Alternatively, you can search the participant by name, then click on the black '0 + 0' and check it in manually.
Caution: the check in can only be checked in if the participant has the status 'Approved'. Open or canceled can not be checked in. To do this, you must log into the event as an administrator and change the status under Participants. Here you can also check in. Usually this is done at a separate hospitality desk with a laptop.
Assign seating and VIP status
If you also need a seating assignment for the check in, you can create it for each participant by clicking on the black entry number for the participant and entering the table as an entry comment. This comment is displayed when scanning the ticket below the names. You can also assign the entry comment field via Participants -> Upload List when you fill in the 'checkin_comment' column. The entry comment field may be used for each comment, e.g. To mark a participant as a VIP.
If a participant has not been able to print his ticket or open it on a smartphone, they can search for it on the Check In page and manually check in by clicking on the black '0 + 0' and then checking in with the '+'.
You can create a name tag for each participant by designing the text at: 'Event Details -> Emails & Print -> Edit Print & Name Tag -> Name Tag'.
When you have finished the template, you can select the participants under Print Create and the name tags can be sent as a pdf file. You can choose whether 1 name plate is printed per page or 10.
Tips for the perfect check in
- Expect that 10-30% of participants do not have to bring a ticket
- Print administrations QR code for quick access
- Print your participant list on paper as a backup, if the Internet is not working
- Avoid printing on the spot, this may take too long and the printer may fail
- Print badges before check in, if necessary in envelopes with names above links, then in card boxes with name register
- Keep the check in short, no longer than 10-20 seconds. Otherwise you have queues at big events
- Use multiple check-in stations, one station can process between 50-200 persons for an event depending on the check-in duration (10-20 seconds) and the time window for check-in (15-30 minutes)
- Ensure a stable infrastructure with WLAN, the telephone can be quickly overloaded at large events
- Do not forget to press '+' after scanning the ticket, then the participant is checked in
- If possible, set up a hospitality desk with a desktop or laptop in order to be able to handle all special cases more easily (for example, the participant has canceled and wants to participate anyway)